Thursday, October 2, 2014

Who loves Soup? Soupalicious was an impressive EVENT


“Soup Soup a tasty soup soup a spicy carrot and coriander…” The Mighty Boosh.
Hello Everyone,
On Sunday September 28th, 2014, I had the privilege of attending one of the greatest events, Soupalicious.  This event was the BEST event I have attended thus far.  Soupalicious was created to help raise awareness for Grow a Row.  It is a food-growing & sharing program.  Everyone comes together as a community.  They all share their talents to make a great soup.  With approximately 30 chefs on site, everyone got a chance to sip, slurp and savour their amazing creations!!
It was an incredible day.  I took my Dad with me to the event.  He had a fantastic time.  This event ladies and gentlemen is a great event for families.  I got the chance to meet a mother and daughter team.  LOL Karen had approached me as I was sipping the amazing creation by Foodies on Foot. She asked me where I got this amazing looking soup.  The cauliflower, Spinach and Chickpea Garam Masala with Papri was INCREDIBLE.  Chef Damian Harrington is a gem.  This magnificent chef works at TOULA restaurant.  OK, so, you must all know that I LOVE TOULA’s.  It was like my angels brought me directly to Chef Damian.  Not only did Foodies on Foot give me some fantastic soup to take home in my new pretty blue soup thermos, purchased on site, BUT Damian invited me back to Toula’s.  I’m coming for you Damian.  I’m Italian, I never refuse an invite. LOL. I’ll see you at Toula’s.  Recognition also goes to Stephen from Foodies on Foot, he is a delight! What a great group.
So, again, I missed one of Toronto’s mayoral candidates. LOL.  As soon as I left Olivia Chow made an appearance. I think my angels only want me to eat the food, not talk politics. LOL.  I have some smart angels. Hahaha.
I had some delicious soups from No. 7 hot sauce, Cheesewerks, Leslieville Cheese Market and the Daily Bread Food Bank-Catering Kitchen.  Cobs Bread and Pizza Del Arte were also giving out samples.  Yes, I admit I had 2 pieces of the pizza.  Pizza Del Arte was a fantastic added touch to this great event.
With tickets only costing 22$ at the door, it is worth the 10 soup samples.  If you can go to this event in the future, DO IT!! Bring an empty tummy, a small bowl, and seriously try as much soup as you can. SIP SLURP and SAVOUR!!!!
I would like to thank Jim and Susan from Soupalicious for being gracious hosts. My dad and I had an amazing day.  I love my new thermos.  I loved all the soup.  Most of all, I loved the atmosphere. Artscape Wychwood Barns was a great spot to hold this event. For further information, please check out their websites at www.growarow.org and www.soupalicious.ca
Until next time boys and girls, “remember to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off…”  SEE YOU NEXT YEAR SOUPALICIOUS!!  I’m not going to miss it!!! Loved it!!!!
For more of my blog posts, please visit my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.
Now, check out the great photos from this event.  ©justbeingmeluvuholts