Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Toronto Maple Leafs. LeafsNation, you are amazing!!!


“Hello out there, we’re on the air, it’s ‘Hockey Night’ tonight.  Tension grows, the whistle blows, and the puck goes down the ice. “(Stompkin’Tom Connors)

Hello Everyone,

I began my love for the Toronto Maple Leafs when I was 13 years old.  The first time I saw Russ Courtnall, I knew I was going to become a Leafs fan. LOL.  I followed this team through good times and bad.  I slept outside for tickets in front of Maple Leaf Gardens to get greys so I could watch my buds play.  I saved my birthday and Christmas money.  I begged for jerseys and hoped I would get TML gifts.  I am a Maple Leafs Fan.

Last night, I got to see the boys in blue play.  I sat there thinking that this maybe their last shot at getting into the 2014 playoffs.  I had flashbacks to all the games I went to.  I thought of all the people I argued with on how my team was amazing.  All I want is to see this team win a Stanley Cup.  I want to go to a parade. I want to scream from the top of my roof, “We are the champions.” I want to go CRAZY!!! I crave this so bad, that at night I hear those words: “GO LEAFS GO” in my head. LOL. My boys gave me hope one last time, that maybe, just maybe, they will make it to the playoffs.  They beat the Calgary Flames.

Everyone, tells me to forget it.  Stop cheering for these guys, they keep disappointing you.  I cannot stop.  Maybe, it’s the Calabrese stubbornness in my blood or maybe, I just want to BELEAF.  Either way, I want them to win.  The thought of them not making it to the playoffs hurts.  Does Leafs nation give up or do we continue to hope?  As I tell everyone, would you stop playing that lottery? Do you stop hoping you will find true love? Do you feel like you will one day make it rich? We all dream and we all have hopes.  I may be crazy but I cannot give up on Lupul and the boys.

Lupul, you always make me happy.  You have played great this season.  I am thrilled you are part of this team.  I will not give up until I meet you in person. LOL.  Just like, I will not give up hoping, I will be with my true love one day.  I will become famous and my Toronto Maple Leafs will win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime.   Leaf Nation, if it’s not this year and it’s not next year, it will come.  It has to, right? LOL.  They do say “good things come to those who wait.” We are the greatest fans around, and I am proud to be a part of this city and of LEAFSNATION.  I LOVE MY TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS. GO LEAFS GOOO!!!

Until next time boys and girls...” remember, to always just be yourself, it will eventually pay off...”
For more of my posts, please check out my website at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.

As always, I leave you with some pictures! ©justbeingmeluvuholts