Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Canadian National Exhibition! THE CNE 2014 is FANTASTIC!


“Let’s go the EX, OHHHHHHHHHHH baby…let’s go to the EX!!” (Theme song of the Canadian National Exhibition)

Hello Everyone,
I think anyone who grew up in Toronto, knows that theme song. LOL.  The Canadian National Exhibition has been a tradition in Toronto for 135 years! (Wikipedia.org) It always occurs 18 days leading up to Canadian Labour Day. This year, I got to go to the “CNE” twice!!!
I have to say both my visits to “The CNE” were exciting, fun and adventurous.  There is so much to do; I had to go at least twice. LOL.  I am here to tell you what I feel is the best of the best at the CNE this year.  Let’s face it, it can be overwhelming and sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin once you walk into the Princess Gates. OK, start at the DIRECT Energy building and head over to the Cupcake Vending machine!! OMG!! I LOVE SWIRLS cupcakes.  I had a Caramel Latte cupcake. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy! They have so many you can choose from, and are so fresh.  Best thing at the CNE this year!!
Now, I have to mention my sweet follower on twitter Stephanie.  Stephanie recommended I try the waffle ice-cream.  Girl, you are right, it was delicious.  So, did I eat both a waffle ice- cream and cupcake in one day? LOL. I kind of did...ha-ha. I actually had the waffle ice-cream both times I attended the CNE.  What can I say? Stephanie was right, waffle ice-cream is a must have.
I did get to watch 2 SHOWS while visiting the EX.  Both shows are amazing. Disco Dogs and Mirage. Yes, I know, Disco Dogs. LOL.  It was such a fun show and if you have kids they will love it.  Music, dogs what else can you ask for? My favorite dog was of course the Italian grey hound. WHOOP WHOOP! Both shows are free with your admission. 
Ok, now, that bull…Good grief, I couldn’t even get on top of that thing. LOL.  I know, president Brian of CNE offered to put me on it, but, honestly that bull scared me. However, the Northern Saloon is amazing.  Music, drinks, a great hang out for 19 and over.
GAMES, well, let’s just say I got lucky this year!!! Whohoo. I won about 5 stuffed animals.  I have lucky angels, I guess. LOL. My hello kitty doll was won rolling a dice at the birthday game. You have to play games when visiting the EX, it’s a must try.  OHHH, thank you Peter for making me younger than I really am, and making me win!! Ha-ha.
FOOD, besides the cupcakes and ice cream, I did try the Thanksgiving waffle at Fran’s restaurant. I did go to Frankie Fettuccine during food truck frenzy and get those gnocchi poutine.  I have to say both things are not bad at all. LOL.  If you love turkey and thanksgiving, that waffle is for you.  If you love pasta, meat and cheese, that poutine is for you.
NOW, I saved the best for last…IF you are a hockey fan, go check out the Century Tour. 100 years of Hockey History!!! It’s a Museum on wheels.  OH YAAAAA….hey, they have Mario Lemieux up, they won my heart.  Thank you Charlotte for taking me through your exhibit.    
CNE is still open everyone, head down to THE EX!! You have until Sept 1st.  “LET’S GO TO THE EX…. OHHHHH BABY!!!!”
For any info on the CNE, check out their website at www.theex.com
Until next time boys and girls...”remember, to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off…” ©justbeingmeluvuholts
For more of my blog posts please check out my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.
Now, you must see my pictures….