Wednesday, September 10, 2014

VEGGIE FOOD FEST!!! Happy 30th!! AMAZING Festival.


“I was walkin’ down the street, Yo! To get something to eat, Yo! But everything I’d see, Yo! Looked like it had meat, Yo!” (Vegan Rap by 9 days)

Hello Everyone,
On Sat Sept 6th I attended the 30th Annual Veggie Fest. Happy 30th!!  It was a fantastic event.  I loved the location, the food, the people and the sunny day.  The Vegetarian Food Festival was held at The Harbourfront Centre.  This was actually my first time attending the festival.  I want to say, I cannot wait until next year.  It was truly a great festival, and admission is free.  If you can attend this festival in the future, do so.
As a first timer, you always are thinking where do I start? LOL.  I can tell you, I started in the museum.  I looked at the history, walked through the exhibit; saw the cookbooks but all I was thinking about was: Where is Yam Chops? LOL.  This is a very big event.  It has approx... 130 vendors, so my mind was racing to find them. I had to have that Tuna Less Tuna!!! Guess what? Not only did I find them but they were kind enough to give me a bowl of their amazing Tuna Less Tuna.  IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!! THANK YOU YAM CHOPS.  Yam Chops is a must see at Veggie Fest. If you can check out their store, you will understand my obsession. www.yamchops.com
Walking through the festival, I noticed a line up.  Soul to Bowl, was giving out samples of their “creamy” Vegan Alfredo and Mac n Cheese sauces.  I have been looking for a healthy option to Mac n Cheese and I have to say, Kailey nailed it.  It was really good.  This sweet girl not only won my stomach but she won my heart.  I got an opportunity to speak with her about her company.  The sauces are a tribute to her mom.  Now, I honestly do love her sauces.  The fact her mom was Italian, has nothing to do with my recommendation. LOL You must check out her sauces.  www.soultobowlsauces.com Kailey, it was such a pleasure meeting you.
It is always hard to find a dessert that tastes good and is healthy.  Bloomer’s was nice enough to give me samples of their Kleinurs. They actually looked for me to give me some samples.  Thank you, so much for your hospitality.  I enjoyed my treats.  Kelly, your family and friends did a great job while you baked.  Check out Bloomer’s for healthy snacks.  www.bloomersto.com
Now, I need to give a shout to the Neil Brothers.  Your tortilla chips were everywhere. Ha-ha. I got to eat them all day.  They are delicious with dips.  If you see these chips while grocery shopping, make sure to add them to your purchase.  You will not be disappointed.
I am looking forward to next year.  It was a great festival.  The organizers did a fantastic job.  Thank you Steph, for your kind welcome!  Check out the Vegetarian Food Festival, boys and girls. I am glad I attended. www.vegfoodfest.com See you next year!
Until next time, remember, “to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off…” ©justbeingmeluvuholts
For more of my blog posts, please visit my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca
You all know what comes next…PICTURES!!!