Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sweet Boutique, The Best Place for ZEPPOLE!!!!


“In my house, when March comes around, we all get ready to celebrate one of the greatest Italian holidays, La Festa Di San Giuseppe.  ” (Niki S)
Hello Everyone,
March 19th is La Festa Di San Giuseppe, St. Joseph’s Day.  Every year when this holiday comes around, we all get excited for this one specific Italian dessert, “THE ZEPPOLE”.  Bakeries all over the world will create their versions of the Zeppole.  This year, I not only had the privilege to create a Zeppole with my favorite things, but I got to create it with one of the best pastry chefs around, Anthony Macri.
Anthony Macri is the owner of Sweet Boutique.  I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Anthony at an event I attended earlier this year.  He wowed me with his creation of the Nutella Zeppole.  I was so impressed with this Zeppole, that when I got home that night, I told my Dad about how delicious it tasted.  My Dad immediately said, “I remember Anthony, he’s a nice guy.  He gave me a cappuccino when I went to his boutique. " Now, for my father to remember this man, I knew he was the perfect person to help me honour my Nonna Nicoletta.
My Nonna passed away before I was born.  I am honoured to have her name. The Zeppole has always been a household tradition in my house, what better way to honour my Grandmother with a Zeppole made by this culinary artist.  I asked Anthony if he would help me by creating a Zeppole made with Nutella, Strawberries and Vanilla Cream.  OH MY GOD, this Zeppole is so delicious, that at night I think I talk about it in my sleep. LOL.  I have to mention, that I have tasted numerous Zeppole made by Sweet Boutique and they all are FANTASTIC. 
Go get some Zeppole everyone.  Sweet Boutique will have them available until Easter and then they will be gone.  You will not regret going to this boutique.  They have the best pastries around.  As soon as you walk in, you feel like you’re in Italy.  I LOVE IT!! In fact, it is so Italian that they even have what we call in my house, “The Orange Juice Cookies” ha-ha.  I sent my sister a picture of the cookies from the boutique and she immediately asked me, “Are you at Zia’s?” LOL.  These cookies by the way are not really called’ Orange juice cookies’, the real name of them are “Biscotti Della Nonna”.
Sweet Boutique will not disappoint you.  You will leave with amazing treats, a smile on your face from the fantastic customer service, and for 10 brief minutes you will feel like you were actually in Italy.  I want to warn you, before you go to Sweet Boutique, make sure your gym membership is still valid. LOL.  Thank god, for stretchy pants!
I want to thank everyone at Sweet Boutique for making me feel special, and for helping me honour my Nonna Nicoletta.  I especially want to thank Anthony Macri for being fantastic at making Zeppole. LOL.  Go get some Zeppole before they are gone!
Until next time boys and girls... “Remember to always just be yourself; it will eventually one day pay off...” ©justbeingmeluvuholts
To check out all the amazing desserts at Sweet Boutique, after all, Easter is coming up, go to their website.  www.sweetboutique.ca
Now, who wants to see amazing pictures?!? WARNING, YOU WILL BE HUNGRY AFTER SEEING THESE PICTURES…ha-ha.  New Website for my blogs.  www.nikisblogger.com check out my amazing sponsor Sweet Boutique on the new site!! 
The Nicoletta Zeppole
Anthony, hard at work--LOL
They are SOOOOOO GOOD!!!
Now, This is why I talk about them in my sleep!! DELICIOUS
Nicoletta, enjoying the BEST ZEPPOLE
Original Zeppole
Biscotti Della Nonna, AKA: Orange Juice Cookie
SO many treats!!
Easter cake, The name is a MYSTERY--LOL
My Mom's Favourite Singer, Paul Anka--I had to take a picture
THE NICOLETTA Zeppole, yes, I ate them ALL!!!
Other Zeppole Available, Yup, I ate them too--ha-ha
I LOVE my NICOLETTA ZEPPOLE! Thank you, Sweet Boutique!!