Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas EVERYONE!!!!!

" I don't want a lot for Christmas.  There is just one thing I need.  I don't care about the presents, underneath the Christmas tree........ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU!! " (Mariah Carey)

Hello Everyone.,

I wanted to wish ALL OF YOU a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!  This is my favorite holiday and in my house we have such amazing traditions that have been passed down from generations.  My Italian parents have taught me so much about love and the holidays.  Every year, we do the same things on Christmas.

Midnight on Christmas Eve is for mass.  My dad sings in the choir and we love to go and watch him sing.  When I was younger, we would open gifts when we got home as the morning was reserved for SANTA gifts lol.  Now, I am older, so we all open our gifts on Christmas morning but, I still am spoiled and I am always amazed at all the food!! For dinner on Christmas Eve, we eat pasta Aglio Olio, which is spaghetti with oil and garlic.  It is my favorite dish!! We now, have potato pizza and of course there is always Baci chocolate in this house at Christmas time.  You will not find any recipes from Olive Garden or Broccoli Salad. LOL

My house is always beautifully decorated.  My mom does a great job with all the Santa's around the rooms.  We always have music on Christmas Day, yes, Mariah Carey but we always have the song Feliz Navidad on when my mom cooks lasagna and home made pasta and yes, turkey.  I am not sure why we make turkey LOL.  It's always left over. 

My favorite part of the holidays is watching my parents.  My Dad calling Italy and screaming like they can not hear him, my mom singing in the kitchen and making Tiramisu and the excitement of watching my Dad scratch his lotto tickets.  One year Daddy, you'll win that jack pot, I know it. :))

I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Enjoy, the holidays!!

Until next time boys and girls...remember.. " to always just be yourself, it will eventually pay off..."

(c) justbeingmeluvuholts

Here are some pics: