Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Irene's Celebrity Cakes!! Italian Bakery


“Sugar, ah honey honey. You are my candy girl and you’ve got me wanting you...” (Archies)

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited to tell you all about this amazing bakery and lady!  Before I begin this post, I want to thank one of my amazing followers on twitter for helping me find her!!!  Thank you, @PeterTetro.  You made my birthday!

My favorite type of cake is sfoglia.  If made correctly, this cake will give you goose bumps when you eat it. LOL. Ok, I’m going to tell you this, not only did I get goose bumps, the smile on my face from eating my birthday cake, has not left! My family and I use to drive to La Sem in Mississauga to get our sfoglia.  Anyone who lives in the GTA knows that La Sem use to be the bakery to buy sfoglia.  Well, now, because of my great follower on twitter, I FOUND IRENE!!!! She was the one who use to work at La Sem and now has her own bakery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In 2007, Irene’s Celebrity Cakes opened its doors in Mississauga!

I have to say meeting Irene was fantastic.  She is the sweetest lady.  Everyone, who comes into that bakery, loves her.  It is so obvious, that she is a true star.  Not only can Irene bake cakes but she has some serious Zeppole. The best Zeppole!  I ate and I’m not kidding 7 of them. LOL. WOWWWWW! You need to go to this bakery before the end of June, and get a Zeppole.  You know, I’m going back for them.  I can’t stop thinking of them.  Ha-ha

Who needs Buddy on cake boss Canada? We have Irene Chito! Irene told me that she use to work at McCall’s. In fact, McCall’s was the first bakery to make the Lady Diana and Prince Charles cake. LOL.

A husband and three children, this incredible lady is known throughout Mississauga.  She can bake, decorate and is Italian.  Ok, I know, you were waiting for that one! LOL. I am so thrilled that I had an opportunity to speak with Irene and see how she bakes.  I feel like I just won the lottery.  Hey, fantastic Zeppole and Sfoglia, I did win the lottery.

Thank you so much, Irene’s Celebrity cakes for my LV cake and for my Daddy’s birthday cake! It is always a pleasure to meet good people, and you guys are not only sweet but made me feel so welcomed!

Check out their website for all the incredible cakes!! www.irenescelebritycakes.ca THE BEST ITALIAN BAKERY IN THE GTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

For more of my posts, please visit my blog at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.

Until next time boys and girls, “remember to always just be yourself, it will eventually pay off...”

NOW, you need to see these pictures from my experience at this bakery!! LOVE THEM!! Xoxoxox

©justbeingmeluvuholts