Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wendel Clark's Classic Grill and Bar


“Wendel was a man with a stick in his hands.  Who learned how to play in Kelvington S-A-S-K.” (Rheostatics-Ballad of Wendel Clark)

Hello Everyone,

In 1985 this great hockey player was drafted first overall by the Toronto Maple Leafs.  He made a huge impact on hockey and on the city of Toronto.  He made the city proud and to this day Leaf fans everywhere still smile when the name “Wendel Clark” is mentioned. I not only got a chance to watch this great man play hockey, but, I idolized the hound line.  The hound line is the reason I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan.

So, when I got an opportunity to go to Wendel Clark’s Classic Grill and Bar in Vaughan, I got to do my “happy dance.” LOL I was pleasantly greeted by a great staff and was delighted to discover the atmosphere  was fantastic. Wait, it gets better.  My pulled pork sandwich was amazing, the chicken sliders made me sing but when I got an autographed Wendel jersey, I became the happiest girl in the bar. Now, the only thing left would be to meet “Captain Crunch” in person! I met Russ Courtnall. I met Gary Leeman.  Now, I need the last member of that “hound line” to make my life complete. Ha-ha.  I suppose I could go eat there every weekend, and hope to see Wendel.  The food is incredible, but would that make me a stalker? LOL

Wendel Clark’s Classic Grill and Bar in Vaughan, has truly won my heart.  If you are a Wendel Clark fan, you will be in heaven at this bar.  I have been there twice in the last month. No, I am not trying to stalk Wendel, I actually do really enjoy the food. LOL Check out their website for location, menu and reservations. www.wendelclarks.com

Wendel, you inspire all Leaf fans.  You have made this city proud.  It was an honour to get to eat at your bar.  Thank you, to the staff at Wendel Clark’s Bar for making my experience incredible and a special thank you to David, for my amazing jersey!!!

Until next time boys and girls, “remember, to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off…”

For more of my blog posts, please visit my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.

Check out my pictures from Wendel’s Bar!! 

©justbeingmeluvuholts