Monday, October 27, 2014

Chocolate Ball. A night of Elegance. A night of Class.


"Whoo, everybody in the world like chocolate…. It makes you HAPPY!!” (Soul Control)
Hello Everyone!
On Thurs October 16th 2014, I was honoured to attend the Chocolate Ball Gala.  The 9th annual gala held in Toronto, was an event to raise money for Prostate & Breast Cancer initiatives.  It was a night of glamour.  It was a night of fun. It was a night of eating CHOCOLATE!
The TropiCocoa was held at the prestigious Eglinton Grand theatre.  As soon as you arrive, you are swept away by the elegance of the venue.  The Red Carpet, the Beauty Queens, the smell of chocolate is all a part of this fantastic event.  Unfortunately, we missed the opportunity on taking pictures on the fabulous red carpet.  It was raining so hard that night, my friend and I ran right into the theatre. LOL
The night was fabulous.  We took pictures in the photo booth, we watched incredible dancers from Junior Ballroom Dancers to Hawaiian Dancers.  We also got our character sketches done from an incredible artist, Juan Correa.  I cannot forget the best part of this great event, we ATE CHOCOLATE all night long.  It was like dying and going to heaven.  Chocolate everywhere!  
Blueberry Chocolate, Chocolate that looked like an iPad, Macaroons, Cheesecake.  My head was spinning from all the amazing treats.  I had a great time sampling foods and speaking with vendors.  I have to say there is nothing like some good old time chocolate! Nancy and Jerry Dollin were kind enough to give me samples from their store, Old Time Confections. YUMMY!! I am looking forward to visiting that store in the future!
Cancer is an illness that affects all of us.  That word will eventually be heard in every family. This gala is a great way to help raise awareness for the cause.  You had the opportunity to donate throughout the night.  There was a huge silent auction.  I purchased a surprise grab bag. For 20$ I received my bag.  I was told every bag had different items.  What did I get in my bag?  I got some custom jewelry, candles and a ticket to the Christmas show!! FANTASTIC! I love Christmas. How could the night get any better?!!!
The Chocolate Ball in Toronto is an incredible experience.  The best part of it all is if you missed the ball, you can always go to the festival.  That’s right everyone on Nov 2nd, you can attend the Chocolate Show. It will be a day filled of decadence and indulgence.  You do not want to miss this show.  To purchase tickets you can visit the website at www.torontochocolateshow.com  I cannot wait for the show.  I am starting my diet tomorrow LOL.  I need to save my calories for Nov 2nd!!!
I want to thank Elizabeth Rizzuto and Joey Cee for giving me the opportunity to attend the gala.  I had a great time.  I am looking forward to Nov 2nd.  There is nothing better than having great chocolate and doing it for a great cause.  I hope, you all join me on Nov 2nd and melt all your worries away with a day filled of sweets.
Until next time boys and girls, “remember to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay of…” ©justbeingmeluvuholts
For more of my blog posts, please visit my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.
Now, I would love to share my pictures from that fantastic gala with you all!!!!!