Wednesday, October 8, 2014

OKTOBERFEST !! Ooommmmpaaaaah!!!


“Roll out the barrel, we’ll have a barrel of fun…Roll out the barrel, we’ve got the blues on the run…”  (Bobby Vinton)
Hello Everyone!
My favorite month of the year is in fact October!  I love the season of fall.  The leaves change color, the weather gets cooler, hockey is back AND it’s Oktoberfest! LOL Ok, I am going to be honest, this was my first Oktoberfest. 
I have to say, when I arrived at the venue, I loved the layout. The music was playing; people were having so much fun.  I was surprised at all the people dressed up.  The costumes were fantastic! As it so happens, Oktoberfest began when Crown Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen on October 12th 1810. The citizens of Munich were invited to attend the festivities. (muenchen.de) Ladies and gentlemen, it felt exactly like one big wedding!!
Oktoberfest Toronto, had beer, food and games.  The food consisted of Bratwurst and Schnitzel.  If you do not eat pork or are not a fan of pork, there is not much food for you.  They do have pretzels and of course you can always drink the beer. LOL.  Yes, the beer.  I have to say, everyone was extremely happy.  I had the amazing opportunity to chat with a few people.  People, were not just from Toronto.  They travelled from Kitchener, Whitby, London; I was very impressed with the happy mood.
Of all the events, I have attended in the last year; this was by far the friendliest. LOL.  Everyone was having fun.  Everyone was laughing and really enjoying the polka music.  It was a great crowd.  If you are in Toronto in the month of October, check out Oktoberfest.  www.torontooktoberfest.ca 
I want to thank Kristy and everyone else who took pictures with me.  A special thank you to the organizers of this festival for my media passes.  I also want to quickly mention Uber. Uber was there to offer rides for people who needed a ride home. It was a great added touch.  Great service! Do not drink and drive.
If you can check out Oktoberfest, get yourself a great costume and go join in the fun! Ooommmmpaaaaah!!!!!!
Until next time boys and girls, remember “To always just be yourself; it will eventually one day pay off…” ©justbeingmeluvuholts
For more of my blog posts, please visit my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca
Check out my pictures, from this FUN day!!