Monday, December 15, 2014

One of a Kind Show, Toronto!! Happy HOLIDAYS!!!!!



“There’s something about Christmas time something about Christmas time that makes you wish it was Christmas everyday…” (Bryan Adams)
Hello Everyone,
Can you believe the holidays are almost here? The year just went so quickly! That only means that “The One of a Kind Christmas Show and Sale” arrived with great speed! LOL.  Happy 40th to the One of a Kind Show!!!!!
From November 27th-Decemeber 7th 2014, the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place, Toronto, turned into a magical holiday wonderland.  I was so thrilled to be able to join the media event on November 27th, 2014.  We not only had the opportunity to preview this incredible show, but we had the pleasure of eating an incredible breakfast prepared for us by one of Top Chef Canada stars, Chef Rob Rossi.  This amazing cook, who owns, “Bestellen” restaurant in Toronto, prepared foods such as, Scones, Fresh Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, fried eggs, sausage, and I saved my favorites for last, INCREDIBLE Whipped cream with fried kale and potato pancakes!! YUM, YUM, YUM.  Let’s just say, that the most important meal of the day, was suburb on November 27th.
After this amazing breakfast, I had an opportunity to walk around the show and speak with some of the vendors.  I understand why people love this show so much.  Everything is not only Canadian but the Artisans are handpicked from across Canada!  With approximately 800 Artisans available, you definitely need time and patience to walk around.  So, this was my first time experiencing this amazing event, and I unfortunately did not wear the appropriate foot wear.  Yes, my feet were throbbing after about an hour of walking.  Next year, this girl will be wearing comfy shoes. 
I did have a chance to meet some amazing Artisans.  My favorite vendor was Robert.  I’m starting to think the universe wants me around people named Robert. LOL.  This incredible Artisan made the coolest things.  I loved the Brain scratcher! Yes, I tried it and yes, I LOVED IT.  It felt so amazing.  I got Goosebumps.  I regret not buying one. Next year, he will be my first stop.
As always, I had food on my mind. LOL.  I know, I just had the best breakfast but I still was thinking of food.  Where did I end up?  Monkey Butter.  Flavored peanut butter! I bought a variety pack which included flavors such as, Dark Chocolate Cherry, White Chocolate Pretzel, White Chocolate Raspberry, Maple Bacon, Dark Chocolate Banana and Salted Caramel.  Yes, I tried all of them. LOL.  Believe it or not, my favorite of the group is Maple Bacon.  I know, it sounds like a weird flavor but I really enjoy it.
As I walked further and turned a corner, my eyes lit up like the Christmas tree at the show! I saw, WINE JELLY!!!!!  I cannot get enough of this stuff.  I had to buy a bottle. As I left the booth, the worst possible thing happened.  I dropped my jelly.  It shattered in pieces and I knew it was time for me to go home.  Next year, One of a Kind Show, I will be more prepared.
I am looking forward to the next One of a Kind Show.  Make sure ladies and gents, the next time it comes to town, to check this show out.
A special thank you, to the organizers of this show.  I really enjoyed my media day.
Until next time boys and girls; “Remember, to always just be yourself.  It will eventually one day, pay off…”
©justbeingmeluvuholts   PICTURES: 
OH CHRISTMAS TREE.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS
CHEF ROB ROSSI
YUMMY BREAKFAST
MONKEY BUTTER!!

BRAIN SCRATCHER, TEST DRIVE LOL
Door Stoppers