Monday, December 8, 2014

St Andrew Poultry FOODIE HEAVEN!! Chicken Anyone?!


“You know I like my chicken fried…” (Zac Brown Band)
Hello Everyone,
Who loves their chicken fried? I do, I do...LOL.  Let me tell you about this fantastic new foodie bar in the heart of Toronto.  St. Andrew Poultry located in Kensington Market has by far the BEST chicken I have tasted.  YUM!!! 
The redone butcher shop that re-opened a few months ago has the best JOY chicken ever.  Ok, I have never had joy chicken before that night but I have eaten a lot of chicken before and Chef Bernadette Calpito won not only my stomach but my heart as well. She is full of energy, friendly and knows her way around a kitchen.  Chef Calpito who trained under Massimo Capra (see, I know, you were waiting for the Italian mention, LOL) and Roger Mooking made us a feast of food at the media event.  We all ate two bite brisket burgers, Chicken and Beef pot pie, the best French fries I ever have had, JOY chicken, and yes, the Chef made us lasagna.  To quote Chef Calpito, “it’s just like nonna makes it.” There was so much food, that I could not eat another bite.  So, I missed out on the chicken shawarma.  It looked incredible.  I should have taken it to go...LOL.  I was so full, I couldn’t think. 
Jerry Jesin, who took over this poultry shop from his parents, is a dentist by trade.  The chicken dentist has created an incredible environment in this poultry shop.  With products such as the Neal brothers (yes, Peter Neal I think I am now officially your food stalker) and Vincenzo’s Pasta you will find something delicious to eat.
For 20$, Jesin created the supper club for returning customers.  You will get a lifetime membership with 20% off between the hours of 5-6:30pm on stickered items. What should you try first? JOY CHICKEN.  Chef Calpito, I am dreaming of your chicken girl!!  I want more!!!!!   
I was so blessed that St. Andrew Poultry gave each of us a fantastic goodie bag.  Everything in that goodie bag tasted like raindrops on roses.  I have no idea what raindrops on roses taste like, I just know, that the cookie bite trio, Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette and BBQ sauce are now a few of my favorite things.
If you ask me to use only one word to describe St. Andrew Poultry, I would have to say: “YUM”.  If you are in the Kensington Market area, make sure to stop in this incredible place and try some of Chef’s Calpito’s creations. 
Until next time boys and girls, “remember, to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off…”  
©justbeingmeluvuholts
Check out the amazing FOOD from ST. ANDREW Poultry: YUM!!!

YUM YUM YUM #NIKIS New Foodie
CHEF BERNADETTE CALPITO
WHO WANTS JOY CHICKEN?!!?
"THE Chicken DENTIST"
I am officially "Neal Brothers" Food Stalker LOL
Chicken/Beef Pot Pies
GOODIE BAG!!
 Two Bite Burgers, Sliders!