Monday, December 1, 2014

Seasons Show!! Great way to start the Holiday Season!


“You better watch out.  You better not cry.  Better not pout.  I’m telling you why.  Santa Claus is coming to town…” (Haven Gillespie & John Fredrick Coots)
Hello Everyone,
My favorite time of year is CHRISTMAS!! I love the holiday season.  I love the music, the food, the decorations and I cannot forget SANTA!! When I heard about the Seasons Show, I knew I had to go and see what this show was all about. 
From November 21st to 23rd 2014, the seasons Christmas show was held at the International Centre.  With over 200 exhibits that include Christmas décor, unique gifts and yummy foods, the Seasons Show has something for everyone.  
It is always hard to know where to start at one of these shows.  You are overwhelmed with all the vendors and on how to find those goodies that will make you smile.  Like all good things, you need to have patience to attain them or you can have a blogger like me to tell you what was impressive. LOL. 
I was blessed to take a personal tour.  Thank you Colleen, for taking me around the show and introducing me to some great vendors!  I started at Toy Mountain.  This is a great program.  Donating an unwrapped toy to a child in need.  Every year, I have intentions of donating to Toy Mountain, and this year I finally had an opportunity to do so.  You can still donate to Toy Mountain, there are drop off locations all over the city.  Please, take a look at their website for a location. www.toronto.ctvnews.ca/more/toy-mountain
My eye caught this jewelry immediately.  I thought it was different and cool.  Jared designs his pieces with vintage cutlery. Just starting his business I obtained a business card from him.  The only information on the card is his Facebook page. Facebook.com/artifact silver.  I wish I had more information to give you but I urge you to take a look at my pictures to see his work.  It was really different and unique.
So, you know I always gravitate towards the food.  LOL.  Yes, I blame growing up Italian on my obsession with great tasting goodies.  I cannot help it, I love food. Ha-ha.  A spice above had some great dips.  They carry 20 different varieties of all natural gourmet spice mixtures.  You can use these products for spreads on a sandwich or in a taco; they are a great way to spice up your life. LOL.  Each package is gluten-free, MSG free and preservative free.  I was fortunate to take home 3 of these great products.  Thank you Julie for my treats.  My favorite flavors were Loaded Baked Potato, Tango Taco and Jumpin' Hot Jalapeno.  I recommend you follow the instructions and not do what I did with the first pack.  I did not use a whole cup of sour cream as recommended.  I was thinking, I did not want to make a huge amount.  Live and learn.  It is a great product and the other 2 dips I have will be made right.  Great product for fundraising! Check out their dips at www.aspiceabove.ca.
Now, everywhere I go, somewhere, somehow, that Italian product will catch my eye. It’s like a gravitational pull.  I gravitate towards it.  LOL.  Look, this was by far the best jelly I have tasted.  I LOVE GAIL’s gourmet jam.  This is homemade jam, ladies and gents.  I spoke with the owner Sal and he shared with me how he grows the hot peppers he uses in his jams in his yard!! I love it!!!!  I have been eating this jelly/jam every morning since I got it.  You have to try their chardonnay and merlot jelly. FANTASTIC!! www.gailsgourmetjams.com Thank you Sal Vitale for making my mornings a great one.
Finally, I had the tremendous opportunity to meet Anna Olsen the incredible baker on the Food Network and yes, yes, I met SANTA.  What more could a girl ask for? The Seasons Show was a great experience.  I want to thank everyone at the show for being so incredible.  I cannot wait for the holidays, this show put me in the best mood!
Until next time boys and girls..”Remember to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off…” ©justbeingmeluvuholts
 
PICTURE TIME!!
I LOVE GAIL's HOMEMADE JAM/JELLY!
Seasons Show 2014
Great Jewelry
Great DIPS!!