Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Kathi Roll Express, Indian Street Food!!


“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives.”  Oscar Wilde
Hello Everyone,
I had the privilege to attend a media dinner back in November at The Kathi Roll Express.  The Kathi Roll Express serves Indian Street Food.  They have two locations in Toronto, and I was lucky enough to taste the food at their latest opening on 1753 Avenue Rd.  Ok, so, by now, you all know that my family is Italian and I have not had much experience eating Indian Food.  However, I am always up for new things and I am always here to suggest to all of you, what I enjoyed most.
I have to say, my eating habits are very “vanilla”.  LOL.  Meaning, I am pretty basic in what I enjoy to eat.  I do enjoy vegetables; I can almost say at times, I am almost a vegetarian. LOL.  At media night, we were served an abundance of food.  From goat, to lamb, to chicken, to vegetables.  I am willing to try things but I have to say goat and lamb are not part of my menu options.  LOL.  Therefore, I ate a lot of vegetable creations and I really did enjoy them. 
I loved the Pani Puri.  It was a delicate wafer filled with potato, chickpeas, coriander and mint sauce.  I could not get enough of it.  It was light and tasty.  I am a huge fan of potato and chickpeas, so that could be why I could not stop eating it.   I also recommend you all try their Kathi Roll.  You can have it with Meat or Paneer.  We all had the privilege that night to try it with lamb, Butter Chicken & Paneer.  I enjoyed the paneer. Paneer, for those of you who do not know, is in fact a type of cheese.  We had a lot to eat but this girl always leaves room for dessert. LOL.  We were served carrot pudding and milk cake.  I have to say, the carrot pudding and milk cake was fantastic.  I loved both creations.  Melted in my mouth.
Now, I have to mention the owner of The Kathi Roll Express.  Sumit, made such a huge impact on me.  His story of pursuing his dream of opening up his own “Indian Street Food” restaurant touched me.  He left his previous employment from a “big company” as he was not happy there, and now, he has two locations of The Kathi Roll Express.!!!! Thank you Sumit, for not only sharing your great food with all of us, but for inspiring me with your story of doing what makes you happy.   Life is short, pursue your dreams and make sure to always have a smile on your face.    
I hope you all have an opportunity to go into a Kathi Roll Express.  Make sure, to have that Pani Puri.  I am still thinking about the crisp wafer and taste of chick peas.  LOL.
Until next time boys and girls, remember: “to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off...” I leave you with my pictures from the great media night at “THE KATHI ROLL EXPRESS”
©justbeingmeluvuholts
The Gang at Media Night at The Kathi Roll Express
Loved these, Pani Puri
Kathi Rolls
Indian Soda, LOL!!!
Wherever I go, Italian things follow me, LOL.  Table at the Kathi Roll.
Pita & Dips-lamb rogan josh, paneer labandar & dal makhani
Milk Cake & Carrot Pudding
My fellow blogger & Paseana
 
Jenny LOL.  Yes, she is Calabrese.
 
Indian Mints
Indian style nachos, LOL
I leave you with Thums UP LOL, Indian coke