Monday, June 3, 2013

Just Starting Out

Good Morning Everyone.,

This is my first official post.  Please, be nice as I have never done this before.  I am someone who speaks her mind, maybe sometimes, I say too much. lol.  My excuse is I'm Gemini, I love to talk.  However, I've always believed you should just be yourself, hence, the name of my blog is just being me. 

I was going to create a fashion blog, as a lot of people have told me I'm great with fashion but I decided that I have too much to talk about and I did not want to just share my thoughts about Holt Renfrew, Gucci, Tory Burch, Christian Louboutin, Dior, Burberry, Tiffany's, Links of London, Elie Tahari....and so on and so on.  I told you, I love fashion.  On that note, I will start this blog, with a fashion story.

As I checked my email this morning, I saw the coolest idea ever.  Manolo Blahnik, is allowing women to create their own shoe!!!  Genius.  Not only are these shoes, amazing, comfortable, stylish but now, I can design my own?!  Well, you get to choose the colour, from 20 being offered, the height, and you have 5 different style designs to choose from.  Your not actually going to be Geppetto and build a shoe from scratch. In my opinion, that is worth any price.  How many times, have we put on shoes and thought, I wish they were a little higher? or I wish the colour was different?  As many of us women saw Carrie on Sex in the City obsess over this shoe designer, I can tell you that his shoe is fabulous.  So, I ask women out there, are you excited to create your own shoe? I for one, am curious to see how other designers compete with this idea and sorry guys, the email was sent to me by Neiman and Marcus in the states, so, HOLTS catch up... I want to make my own Manolo's!! Too bad, we can't design our own man.  LOL.

Website is www.neimanmarcus.com. They do deliver to Canada, and I have to add they have great customer service. 

Here's to Made to Order Blahniks!! Men, listen up, do not tell your girlfriend or wife, that you can get a great knock off for her by someone named Kitty, who can get any designer you want.   The shoes will probably be horrible and will smell, true story.  Yes, someone I know did order knock offs from Kitty, and yes they smelled and girls, he wanted to spray cologne on them to cover the smell. 

Let us hope, that Canada will have this opportunity soon.

Until next time guys and girls...Remember, to always " just be yourself." Yes, it sounds corny, but, I have learned that being yourself, can pay off. LOL. 

(c) justbeingmeluvuholts

Check out the pretty Manolo's....