Monday, June 10, 2013

My Boys In Blue...You Did GREAT!!!!

For the past few weeks, a lot of people have asked me: " What did you think of the Leafs?"
Hello Everyone., Today's entry is a response to all my friends and family who know I am a huge Toronto Maple Leafs fan.  I want to first start by saying, I have never been more proud of a team.  They showed character and they fought hard.  I have been a leaf fan since I was a child.  I grew up watching the game with my cousins and I can remember always being disappointed of them losing.  I have to say, this year, even though my boys in blue did not beat the Boston Bruins, they came back from being down in the series 3 games to 1 to tie it.  I know, that the last game was heartache, and my hand still hurts from hitting my kitchen wall, however,  I am so proud of this young team.  I have never been more proud.  Look, the Leafs did better than Pittsburgh who went out 4 straight.  Boston is a tough team and will probably win the cup this year again, so, look at this way, we lost to the team who got to the finals and we almost had the series.  I can not wait to see this team in September!! GO LEAFS GO!!

OK, so now I will tell you a quick story from my childhood...When I was in high school my crush was Russ Courtnall, yes, I said Russ Courtnall.  One sunny afternoon, I remember it was a Sunday, I heard on the local radio that Russ was going to be signing autographs.  I did not hear where he was though!!  So, what did this 14 year old do?  I called every venue in the phone book to find him.  Yes, I found him.  I was at my Aunt's house with my family at the time.  I had to convince my parents and rest of the family to take me to see him.  Of course, they said no.  Being half calabrese, and half napolitane, "no" is not a part of my vocabulary.  I cried and cried and would not eat, yes, I was a spoiled kid, but come on it was Russ Courtnall and I wanted to meet him!!!!!  My uncle and father finally gave in, and we got in the car with my sister and cousins and drove 45 mins to meet my crush.  He was everything I wanted him to be LOL. We took pictures and he signed an autograph for me.  I was happy as can be., until we started driving home.  As I was babbling about how cute he was in the back seat, my sister threw up all over my Russ Courtnall Jersey.  I was covered in puke!

Point of the story, I love the Leafs, I am stubborn when I want something, and no one puked this year on me when they lost game 7.  So, to all the other Leaf fans out there, I BELEAF.  We will one day bring that cup to this city.  See you in September boys!!!

Until next time guys and girls...Remember, to always " just be yourself ".., it will eventually pay off.
 (c) justbeingmeluvuholts