Saturday, June 22, 2013

You will be missed, James Gandolfini

Hello Everyone,

Today's blog is not going to be like my usual posts.  I usually like to talk about things that make me happy and can make you laugh and feel good.  However, due to the death of James Gandolfini, I decided that I would write a brief tribute to this great actor and man.

On June 19th, 2013 in Rome Italy, one of the finest actors of all time, in my opinion, passed away.  Known for his great acting skills, and most popular role as "Tony Soprano", Mr. Gandolfini died allegedly of a heart attack while on vacation.  James was known throughout the world, as the man who won 3 Emmy's for his role as Tony Soprano on the HBO series.

I can not say enough about the show, his acting and all he has done for the acting world.  Every night, I can hear my Dad watching reruns of the Soprano's on TLN.   Mr. Gandolfini, was found in the bathroom reportedly by his 15 year old son who called paramedics.  He later died in hospital.  My heart goes out to his family, and especially to his young son.  I too, had an experience of this sort when my Dad suffered a heart attack.  I remember making that 911 call and seeing my dad on that gurney.  I remember it all, every minute of that day.  I am lucky and blessed that my father made it through and is still here with me.

When a man who is only 51 passes so sudden, it reminds us of how short life can be and how we must make the most of everyday.  Life, can be hard and sometimes we forget that we take the little things for granted because we are focusing on the difficulties and not the blessings.  James Gandolfini made his dreams come true, he was a man who gave back to his community and became a star around the world.  Gandolfini also appeared in movies such as "Get Shorty", "The Mexican", and "Zero Dark Thirty".

He leaves behind his wife Deborah Lin, who gave birth to the couple's daughter in October 2012.  He also leaves behind his teenage son from a previous marriage.

Rest In Peace James.  We send out our love and prayers to your family and friends.  We will not forget you.  You, have put life in perspective for us all. You, have reminded us to always reach for the stars and make dreams come true, and not just let life go by so we don't just live to not complain but so we live to fulfill our destiny with dignity and grace.  James Gandolfini, you will be sadly missed.

(c)justbeingmeluvuholts